Under Eyes Dark Circles Natural Treatments - Brief Information About Herbal & Natural Cure
Iron Deficiency Cause of Dark Circles under the eyes. Dark circles under the eyes can be caused by anemia, which makes the skin look pale and the area around the eyes look darker. The most common cause of anemia is from not getting enough iron in the diet to make the right amount of red blood cells the body needs.
Few Natural Ways to Remove Dark Circles on Face :: (Skin Care Home Remedies)
1. Almond Oil
A completely natural ingredient that benefits skin around your eyes, almond oil helps lighten dark circles. Combine almond oil with vitamin E oil and your dark circles will be history. Plus, these ingredients really something that’s a staple in every household.
Almond Oil - A completely natural ingredient that benefits skin around your eyes, almond oil helps lighten dark circles.
Almond oil and vitamin E. Natural healing advocates suggest mixing equal amounts of almond oil and vitamin E and then, just prior to bedtime, gently massaging the mixture into the dark circles. In the morning, wash the area with cold water. Repeat the process nightly until the dark circles disappear.
- Before hitting the sack, apply some almond oil over your dark circles and massage it gently into the skin.
- Leave the oil on overnight.
- Wash it off with cold water next morning.
- Repeat this every day until your dark circles are gone.
Remember those Hollywood movies where women are seen relaxing at a spa with cucumber slices on their eyes? Well, there’s a reason beyond gloss. With skin-lightening and mild astringent properties, cucumbers are completely equipped to fix those raccoon eyes. Better yet, they are soothing and refreshing too.
- Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices and chill it for about 30 minutes.
- Place the slices on the dark circles for about 10 minutes.
- Wash the area thoroughly with water.
- Repeat this process twice a day for one week to see results.
3. Raw Potato
Potatoes contain vital natural bleaching agents and used raw, they help lighten dark circles and reduce excess puffiness around your eyes.
- Grate a couple of chilled potatoes to extract the juice.
- Soak a cotton ball in the juice and place it on your closed eyes.
- Make sure the juice covers the dark circles entirely.
- Allow the juice to sit for about 15 minutes and rinse your eyelids well with cool water.
- Repeat once or twice daily for 2 - 3 weeks to see results.
4. Rose Water
There’s a reason mothers always advise their children to rinse their eyes with Rose Water when they’re sore. It not only rejuvenates skin and reduces dark circles but also has a soothing effect on tired eyes. Due to its mild astringent properties, it also works well as a skin toner.
- Soak cotton eye pads in rose water for a few minutes.
- Place the soaked pads on your closed eyelids.
- Leave them on for about 15 minutes.
- Follow this remedy twice daily for 2 - 3 weeks to see results.
Tomato, the fruit that’s used like a vegetable, is known to naturally possess powerful bleaching properties that can lighten skin very effectively.
- Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with one and a half teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Gently apply this mixture on your dark circles and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off well with cool water.
- Follow this remedy twice a day for 2 - 3 weeks to see results.
6. Coconut Oil
Use coconut oil on the area around your eyes to prevent wrinkles and under-eye bags. Apply coconut oil to blemishes, and leave it on for about 15 minutes. Then wash it off with warm water and let your skin air dry (don't apply any other products). The anti-bacterial components in the oil will work to combat acne.
Many Other temporary remedies can help reduce the swollen look around eyes, such as:
- Using eye drops for irritation caused by allergies, if appropriate.
- Drinking ample fluid to prevent dehydration.
- Applying iced compresses when your lids are swollen.
- Applying cucumber slices or chilled tea bags over closed eyes.
:: Disclaimer ::
The sole purpose of these posts is to provide information about the tradition of health care & ayurveda. This information is not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease. If you have any serious acute or chronic health concern, please consult a trained health professional who can fully assess your needs and address them effectively. Check with your doctor before taking herbs or using essential oils when pregnant or nursing.