Herbal Cure & Herbal Medicines Effect - Herbalism Health Care Naturally
Herbal medicine, also known as herbalism or botanical medicine, is a medical system based on the use of plants or plant extracts that may be eaten or applied to the skin. Since ancient times, herbal medicine has been used by many different cultures throughout the world to treat illness and to assist bodily functions.
People use natural health products for many health conditions. Historically, people have used herbal medicines to prevent illness, cure infection, relieve fever, and heal wounds. Herbal medicines can also treat constipation, ease pain, or act as relaxants or stimulants.
Benefits of Herbal Medicines ::
- More affordable than conventional medicine.
- Promote natural healing.
- Strength in immune system.
- Easier to obtain than prescription medicine.
- Stabilizes hormones and metabolism.
- Fewer side effects.
- It is cost effective.
Top Picks for Herbs & Spices with the Best Health Benefits ::
- Turmeric - Turmeric has become a hot topic in the health food-o-sphere and for good reason.
- Ginger - Ginger is another versatile spice that is really easy to use.
Few More Accessible Herbs that have stood the test of time ::
- Aloe vera
- Peppermint (Mentha × piperita)
- Thyme (Thymus vulgaris)
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis)
- Chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile)
- Pot Marigold (Calendula officinalis)
- Sage (Salvia officinalis)
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
- Echinacea (E. purpurea / E. angustifolia)
- Comfrey (Symphytum officinale)
- Broadleaf plantain (Plantago major)
- Great Mullein (Verbascum thapsus)
Medicines both herbal and pharmaceutical, are big in business. But the question of using herbs vs drugs isn't moot. The facts about medicine aside, people often turn to supplements because they're perceived as more natural than drugs, and can have fewer side effects and generally cost less.
The major use of herbal medicines is for health promotion and therapy for chronic, as opposed to life-threatening, conditions. However, usage of traditional remedies increases when conventional medicine is ineffective in the treatment of disease, such as in advanced cancer and in the face of new infectious diseases.
Talk to Expert Doctor before taking Herbal Supplements ::
People should talk to expert doctor before taking herbal supplements. The drugs may not be absorbed at high enough levels to help the health conditions for which they are prescribed. This can cause serious problems. If you take any OTC or prescription medicines, talk to doctor before taking any type of herbal health product or supplement.
:: Disclaimer ::
The sole purpose of these posts is to provide information about the tradition of health care & ayurveda. This information is not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease. If you have any serious acute or chronic health concern, please consult a trained health professional who can fully assess your needs and address them effectively. Check with your doctor before taking herbs or using essential oils when pregnant or nursing.