Cold and Flu - Health Care Natural Way
- If its whooping coughs, garlic is one of the best remedies. Syrup made from 2 to 3 garlic cloves should be consumed twice or thrice a day.
- If there is congestion in the throat along with cough, Bay Berry should be considered as an effective option of ayurvedic treatment for cough. The bark of the Bay Berry tree should be consumed in powdered form. It is known as an effective remedy for chronic bronchial infections as well.
- Apply a paste of crushed leaves of Betel and water on the chest of the patient for effective relief from cough.
- You could also boil some Butea leaves in water. Cool it and use this solution as an effective mouthwash for treating sore throats and coughs. This solution has excellent antibiotic properties which help curing coughs caused due to septic and throat infections.
- Sometimes, cough is a result of inflammation and infection in the pharynx. In such cases, cloves can be one of the most suitable ayurvedic remedies.
- Another effective formulation for ayurvedic treatment of cough would be to take some fenugreek seeds and boil them in water for about 30 minutes. Use this solution for gargles. It provides suitable relief.
Disclaimer - However all remedies might or might not be directly related to ayurveda.